The last hour was spent in the discovery room. This is a special room for school bookings, with changing hands-on exhibits for children. As you will see from the photos below, the kids were busy with all sorts of activities relating to prehistoric times.
- Rayyan: I wonder if Spineosaurus has teeth?
- Luka: There was a lot of dinosaurs and the King of the dinosaurs is Tyrranosaurus Rex and he’s my very favourite. I was mad he wasn’t there.
- Megan: I wonder if the T-Rex’s sharp teeth were flat teeth?
- Leia: I didn’t know what that green dinosaur was called.
- Nathan: I liked the fishies and I liked playing with the computers, they were so fun.
- Amelie: I liked when we went to the butterflies.
- Tobias: I liked playing on the computers with Augustus.
- Gabriella: I liked everything.
- Augustus: I liked playing on the computers.
- Jasper: I like going to the museum and I sometimes go there, and there’s some scary parts, and sometimes they talk, and my cousins go there, and there’s a scene where they are killing the buffalo. I’m telling you all the parts of the Aboriginal part so that you know. And then there’s a dark and spooky part where you see their clothes, and then there’s a secret hall you go in, and then you walk through and it’s light again.
- Aroh: My group went to the Aboriginal part of the museum, and I was too scared to go where the dinosaurs were, so instead I looked at some rocks. Kinan saw a beetle that looked scary.
- Seth: I was scared about the dinosaurs and I liked to see the bug animals.
- Jesse: The T-Rex: I thought it was real at first when I was little. But suddenly, I thought it wasn’t real. Then when we were at the museum at Drumheller there was a huge T-Rex. There’s nothing that I think about there. I liked the T-Rex, and I liked dinosaurs - how big they are. I liked that.
- Kinan: I love to play in the room, and I loved that those big dinosaurs. And I liked those fishy.
- Elisha: I liked where we could dig in that hard rock and find bones. Me and my Mom are going to make that with pastry one day.
- Finn: I like the Indians the best at the museum.
- Kaliko: I liked the T-Rex and the dinosaurs, but I didn’t like the bugs.
- Samantha: I like to go on the swing and have fun, and I want to go back there again.
- Cooper: I forgot all the things yesterday, so I will tell about today. It’s Bridget’s visit day so after she left we will go to gymnastics. I always forget that.